Trifexis kills fleas before they can lay eggs when used monthly according to the label directions.
Remember that all animals in the household should be treated with an approved flea product to help control the flea population.
How long does it take Trifexis to kill fleas?
Spinosad, one of the active ingredients of Trifexis® (spinosad + milbemycin oxime), protects your dog against fleas and starts killing fleas fast. It started killing fleas within 30 minutes and was proven 100% effective within 4 hours after administration in a controlled laboratory study.
Will flea shampoo kill flea eggs?
Flea shampoos that kill eggs and larvae, as well as adult fleas, should completely get rid of your pet’s flea infestation. Although, you should also treat the house, otherwise fleas living in your carpet and upholstery can hop back onto your pooch.
How do you kill flea eggs?
How to Get Rid of Flea Eggs in Your Home
- Give your pet bedding (blankets, etc.) a good, hot wash.
- Vacuum your carpets and couches.
- Use an IGR flea spray (natural ones are fine as well, just make sure it has a insect growth regulator) on your carpets and furniture.
- Use a flea comb to remove any eggs off your pets.
How do you treat flea eggs on dogs?
Treat your dog
- Treat your dog with a fast-acting oral flea treatment – dead fleas are easier to wash away.
- Use a flea comb — dip comb in a mixture of dish soap and water to kill remaining fleas on comb.
- Bathe your puppy or dog with a specially-formulated flea shampoo.
- Treat your dog with a flea spray.