The 10 most popular prescription drugs in the US
- Vicodin, Norco, Xodol (hydrocodone/acetaminophen) – used to treat pain – $14.
- Synthroid, Levoxyl, Unithroid (levothyroxine) – used to treat hypothyroidism – $12.
- Delasone, Sterapred (prednisone) – used to treat arthritis – $5.
What is the most commonly prescribed medication in the US?
Top 10 Drugs Prescribed in the U.S.
- Vicodin (hydrocodone/acetaminophen)
- Simvastatin (Generic for Zocor)
- Lisinopril (Generic for Prinivil or Zestril)
- Levothyroxine (generic for Synthroid)
- Azithromycin (generic for Zithromax, Z-PAK)
- Metformin (generic for Glucophage)
- Lipitor (atorvastatin)
- Amlodipine (generic for Norvasc)
What is the most commonly used prescription drug?
The top 10 medications by number of monthly prescriptions are:
- Synthroid (levothyroxine), 21.5 million.
- Crestor (rosuvastatin), 21.4 million.
- Ventolin HFA (albuterol), 18.2 million.
- Nexium (esomeprazole), 15.2 million.
- Advair Diskus (fluticasone), 13.7 million.
- Lantus Solostar (insulin glargine), 10.9 million.
What percentage of Americans are on medications?
THURSDAY, Aug. 3, 2017 (HealthDay News) — A new survey finds 55 percent of Americans regularly take a prescription medicine — and they’re taking more than ever.
What is the most prescribed drug in Canada?
New questions surround Canada’s most prescribed drug. It’s the most prescribed drug in Canada, and yet the condition it treats doesn’t get a lot of attention. The drug is called levothyroxine and it’s used to treat thyroid disease.