How many independent pharmacies are there in the US?
Independent Pharmacies in the United States
In 2010, there were 23,064 independent pharmacies in the U.S. Independent pharmacies dispensed approximately 1.5 billion prescriptions annually accounting for nearly 40% of the retail prescriptions.
How many Walgreens pharmacies are there in the United States?
As of August 31, 2018, Walgreens operates approximately 9,560 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. See our store count by state.
How many CVS stores are there in the United States?
CVS now operates over 6,200 stores in 43 states and the District of Columbia. In some locations, CVS now has two stores less than two blocks apart.
Who is the biggest pharmacy in the US?
5 Largest Retail Pharmacy Chains in the USA; What Makes Them the Best?
- 5 Largest Retail Pharmacy Chains In the USA. *Source: Drug Channels.
- CVS. CVS Health boasts one of the largest pharmacy chains in the United States.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Walmart Stores.
- Rite Aid Corporation:
What is the biggest pharmacy in USA?
The Five Largest Drug Stores in the US
- Walgreens Boots Alliance. Coming in at first on the list, Walgreens ranked tops in market share and has a ubiquitous presence across the nation.
- CVS Health Corporation. CVS actually makes the list under a couple different categories.
- Express Scripts, Inc.
- Walmart Stores, Inc.
- Rite Aid Corporation.
How much money do independent pharmacies make?
In 2016, the average revenue for independent pharmacies was $3,619,000. That makes the average independent pharmacy profit $796,180. But these numbers are averages. Your profit as a pharmacy owner may range far below or beyond it, depending on how you run your business.