What benefits qualify for PDSA?
Owners need to be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits to access the service:
- Child Tax and Working Tax Credits.
- Universal Credit (without housing element)
- Pension Credit.
- Income Support.
- Job Seeker’s Allowance.
- Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) (formally incapacity benefit)
Is PDSA treatment free?
We offer free and low-cost veterinary care to owners in need across the UK. PDSA vets care for household pets like cats, dogs and rabbits. If you live in the catchment area of a PDSA Pet Hospital and receive certain benefits, you may qualify for free or low-cost PDSA vet treatment.
How many pets can I register with PDSA?
From 31 July 2017, the number of pets our eligible clients can register for free treatment in our PDSA Pet Hospitals will be reduced, from three to one. If you currently have multiple pets registered with us, these changes will not take effect for you until 30 October 2017.
What to do if you can’t afford a vet?
Finding available aid
- Negotiate a payment plan with your vet.
- Offer to perform a service for your vet like cleaning kennels, answering phones or other work in lieu of cash.
- Get a second opinion.
- Use a vet in a less expensive area.
- Check out local veterinary schools.